Disclosure: Simply September has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HomegatingHeroes #CollectiveBias
Football season is upon us! If for any reason I didn’t get the memo, I am well aware the time is here given the fact that my husband has been teaching our two-year-old our official team chant. Along with the fact that she can now list more of the starting line up than I can.
While I most certainly do love watching a football game and cheering on our team, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t equally love football parties. Nothing screams fall and football time more than tailgates and home parties. Think loud cheering, fun snacks, lots of laughs with friends… it just doesn’t get much better than that!
Always a sucker for gift baskets, I decided to put together my go-to hostess gift for football gatherings.
I wanted something that was not only easy and affordable but also realistic (i.e. as wonderful as a candle is… something about it just doesn’t say “football season!” ;)).
Creating my gift basket
Aside from yummy snacks and a beverage or two, when I think of a football gathering… I think of messes, leftover food, and a fairly decent amount of garbage. This is why I decided to stuff my gift basket with the following…
- football themed plates to serve the food (couldn’t resist just how cute)
- football inspired cups (perfect for the host and hostess to use)
- penalty flags (practical, not so much… fun, absolutely!)
- pretzels (the perfect party snack).
- I wanted to keep the overall basket affordable (after all there are many football games in a season and the possibility for many gatherings!), I hit up Dollar General’s ‘Buy 3 participating items, save $3.00’ promotion. Here I snatched up:
- Sparkle® Paper Towels, 6 roll (perfect for the messes sure to be had)
- Glad® gallon sized food storage bags (as there always seems to be leftovers)
- Glad® trash 13-gallon bags (as the garbage piles up fast).
Completing the look I decided to create a printable tag that reads “Game Day Necessities” and adhered it to the front of the basket. Wanting to grab your own FREE “Game Day Necessities” sign? Download it below by entering in your email.
The perfect hostess gift
Staying true to my original goal to make a creative football-themed hostess gift for an affordable price, I was thrilled to keep the overall cost to under $20!
Other creative ideas for adding to my football hostess gift? I’d love to hear them below!