Disclosure: Simply September has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SaveWithHopster #CollectiveBias
It is no secret that I love saving money whenever possible. After all, nothing bothers me more than when I come to realize I paid full price for something I could have used a coupon on or missed a rebate offer. Sure, it may only be $1.00 here or there but after a while, it really adds up and couldn’t be more similar to throwing away money in the long run.
As much as I watch extreme couponer shows in awe, I know that this option is not feasible for my lifestyle. While I sure would love the rush that came with saving in excess amounts, I know I don’t have the time necessary to dedicate to this particular hobby.
Wanting to satisfy my desire to save and finding a happy medium with my limited time to commit to the task, I stumbled upon a specific app called the “Hopster Mobile Rebates” app.
This particular app works in two ways. 1) I can shop as usual and then receive instant money back on rebates if my purchased items are listed, or 2) I can view the predetermined rebates on the app and then go shopping for them at the store of my choosing.
Additionally, unlike some other specific programs that focus on discounts specifically for groceries, Hopster allows me to save on beauty essentials, appliances, pet supplies, and groceries alike.
Here is how it works…
- Choose your rebates from a large selection of brands.
- Shop at your favorite store (any store option will work!)
- Using your smart phone, take a picture of your receipt showing the items that you purchased.
- Rebates will be redeemed and the cash will be credited to your PayPal account as soon as the redemption is validated. (There is NO need to wait and reach a certain number or value of redeemed offers before you receive your cash credit.)
Seeing it in action
- I open up the Hopster app and search for current available rebates (note: they will change, so check back often). With my daughters’ dual birthday party right around the corner I decided to snatch a balloon discount rebate. Then I remember that I need milk storage bags, bananas, milk, and bread. One by one I decide to “add rebate” to my collection.
2. I go shopping for my items and bring home my receipt (note: you don’t have to do a separate transaction as additional items that are not listed on the Hopster app can also be on the receipt).
3. I return to my app and check the items that I purchased.
4. I take a picture of my receipt and submit it.
5. My receipt is reviewed, approved and money is directly deposited into my account. It is that simple!
While I may not be receiving $1,000 worth of items for a mere $1.00 as shown on extreme couponing shows (although, what do they even do with 300 tubes of toothpaste?!), I am saving money every day on items that I would have purchased anyway. Score!