* Affiliate links are included in this post. All this means, is that if you click on one of those links and purchase something, I may receive a small commission. However, you will not pay a penny more- promise!
I love to not only simplify everyday life, but also to personalize whenever possible. This is why when it came time to decorate our bar area… I knew I wanted to create a personalized menu! This look allowed me to stick to my rustic theme, while also incorporating practicality into my overall design.
Think back to the last event you hosted… particularly one where you served a variety of beverages! How many times did you repeat the beverage menu to your guests? By incorporating your menu into your wall decor, you can designate less time to playing bartender and more time to visiting with loved ones!
This idea doubles as a fun kitchen idea! Change headers to “appetizers”, “entrees” and “desserts” to use daily!
Please note, this post may include affiliate links.
CREATE THIS LOOK FOR YOURSELF:
- Locate a chalkboard. Try one that effectively complements your overall design theme. Bonus points for a rectangle chalkboard that lends itself perfectly for a list format. I found mine quite affordably at World Market.
- Determine your design tool. A chalk marker (which can be erased and written time and time again) or a white paint marker (note: this is permanent on your chalkboard but is nice because then you can easily wipe away the temporary chalk when writing your menu without having to avoid your more detailed design.) I purchased my paint marker from Michaels and highly recommend the “Sharpie oil-based paint marker”.
- Draw your design. I chose to create “beer” and “wine” headers as this is what is most commonly served at our events. However, be sure and personalize this to your liking! Tip: if you went for the paint marker… be sure and create a rough sketch on paper prior to designing the real deal. Allow time for the paint marker to effectively dry before using.
- Hang and use your chalkboard menu!
And just like that your home decor is not only stylish, but practical too!